As of 25th May 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply to all UK businesses, replacing the 1998 Data Protection Act.
After four years of preparation and debate, the EU General Data Protection Regulation was finally approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. Replacing the 1998 Data Protection Act, GDPR is effective from 25 May 2018.
This statement explains the privacy and the data protection practices which apply to J K Falloon and Co t/as Falloon Estate Agents : www.falloonestateagents.com
Falloon Estate Agents (FEA) is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it. This statement is to give you a clear explanation about how FEA use personal and behavioural information we collect from you when you supply documentation or use our websites and mobile sites such as falloonestateagents.com – collectively called our “Digital Portals”.
2.0 Personal information we collect and how it’s used:
Falloon Estate Agents (FEA) collects and uses Users’ (you) personal information for the following purposes: In collecting and using your personal information, we will be clear about what we are doing and make sure that you understand the way in which we are using it. We will never sell your information to anyone.
2.1 Information on what we collect:
- Name, address and title
- Contact information including email address & telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer purchases/surveys or other services offered and/or offers
- Information in accordance with: The Money Laundering Regulations 2017
On 26 June 2017, The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 came into force in the UK. These regulations supersede the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and subsequent amendments. As with all Estate Agents, Falloon Estate Agents (FEA) is subject to the Money Laundering Regulations 2017. This means that we have to obtain and hold identification and proof of address for all customers. Where appropriate, the source or destination of funds will also be requested. Without this information we will be unable to proceed with any work on your behalf. Estate agency work should be read in accordance with section one of the Estate Agents Act 1979. Estate Agents obligations are to carry out Customer Due Diligence (CDD) on all parties. Therefore, in accordance with due diligence as an estate agent, any customer/s (vendors or purchasers etc.) carrying out business transaction/s with our firm requires one document from the below and one from proof of address:
2.2 Produce photographic identification… This can be:
- Valid Driving Licence
- Current signed Passport
- Electoral Identity Card
- EEA member state identity card
- If a client is not a resident in the UK, their passport or ID number with its country of issue and expiry date is required.
2.3 Acceptable Proof of Address:
- UK/EU/EEA Drivers Licence (if UK Drivers Licence not used as ID) Must be valid, not expired. Photo only. Full or provisional.
- Credit Card Statement. Dated within 3 months. Must include account number and show recent activity. No general correspondence
- Bank, Building Society or Credit Union Statement. Dated within 3 months. Must include account number and show recent activity. No general correspondence.
- Telephone Bill. Dated within 6 months E.g. Landline or mobile pay monthly (excluding pay as you go). Must show address for service and/or account number. No general correspondence.
- Utility Bill Dated within 6 months E.g. Gas, electricity, and water. Must show address for service and/or account number. No general correspondence.
- UK, EU, Mortgage statement Dated within 12 months. Must show account number. No general correspondence.
- HMRC Tax Notification Dated within 6 months. Must state national insurance number and tax calculation. No general correspondence.
- Home or Motor Insurance Certificate Dated within 12 months. Must state insured address or registered address for vehicle and policy number. No general correspondence.
- UK solicitors letter confirming house purchase/land registration Dated within 3 months. Must state full name of new proprietor and full property address.
- NHS Medical Card or letter from GP confirming registration Dated within 3 months. Must state individual’s date of birth and NHS number. No general correspondence.
Ed Falloon has been designated FEA’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) For further details contact FEA (028) 9266 3396 or go to www.gov.uk
- Internal record keeping: To update and hold active information when selling/purchasing property/land.
- To Improve Marketing: From time to time, we may use your information to contact you. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To personalize user experience –We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Site –We continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our Users.
- To improve customer service –User information helps us to more effectively respond to customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions –We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an offer only to provide service for sale transactions. We do not share your information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the services of: placing an offer / completing a house sale /solicitors / surveyors etc. Unless instructed otherwise we note you agree to the aforementioned. If you do not agree with the aforesaid, please instruct us accordingly.
- To send periodic emails –The email address users provide for enquiries or order processing will only be used to respond to their requests, or send them relevant information and updates. You can ask that we stop sending such emails at anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Securing your personal information:
Our aim is to safeguard our users’ privacy whilst providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our users, e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain what information we collect, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Any personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address supplied via this website or completed internally within our office / website forms will only be used to provide a requested service and will not be disclosed to any other third party without your prior permission or unless we are required to do so by law regarding the sale to solicitor / surveyor / information required for completing a house sale i.e. sales advice note. Unless instructed otherwise we note you agree to the aforementioned. We may contact you in response to your enquiry to offer requested services, such as a valuation request or to provide you with property information that you have requested. We do not keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
At FEA we are committed to protecting your privacy, we follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access. The servers that store your information are kept up to date and secured with appropriate firewalls/virus protection and have restricted access with a form of authentication for access eg, a username and secure password.
4.0 External links:
5.0 Your Acceptance:
6.0 Individual Rights:
6.1 As a user you have the following rights:
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information.
- A right to access your personal information.
- A right to correct your personal information.
- A right to ask us to delete your personal information unless we are obliged to retain it for other legal reasons.
- A right to restrict or object to the processing or use of your personal information.
- A right to report to a supervisory authority about the use of your personal information.
- A right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
6.2 If you wish to contact FEA regarding the above, and in order to authenticate your request, please send a postal letter by recorded delivery, containing your full name, address, contact telephone details and the nature of your request. You can address your request to the Data Protection Officer at the address below. It is our company policy to reply to your requests or complaints within 28 working days or sooner. Under the GDPR, we will not accept requests by email or from 3rd parties. Depending on the request an administration fee may apply. Remember you control the data we hold on you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect in office and online.
If you need to contact / write to us regarding any of the aforesaid please address your query / request to:
Data Protection Officer
Falloon Estate Agents
11 Smithfield Square